Over the course of my 10 year career, I have worked in a wide variety of settings with patients of all ages including nonprofit outpatient mental health clinics, elementary, middle and high schools across NYC, foster care organizations, clubhouse settings and medical clinics.
I primarily work with individuals in one on one psychotherapy or supportive counseling. I have special interest and skill for working with my patients to improve relationship issues, LGBTQ/GSM issues, life transitions, trauma, anxiety, chronic pain and illness and depression among other issues. While I enjoy working with patients across the lifespan, I work especially well with young adults in periods of life transition, whether that is high school to college, post college life and those new to NYC.
While I customize my approach for each individual person I work with, I draw most heavily from Relational and Interpersonal psychoanalytic psychotherapy disciplines, and have completed substantial postgraduate training in these modalities.
In addition to providing supportive counseling and psychotherapy, I am also an Adjunct Instructor and Faculty Advisor at Fordham University’s Graduate School of Social Service, where I lead an integrative seminar for graduate students and seminars on clinical supervision for more experienced social workers. I also offer relationally driven supervision to clinicians in both private practice and non profit settings.
- M. S.W., Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service. NY. 2007.
- B. S.W., Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service. NY. 2006.
- B. A., Fordham University College of Rose Hill. NY. 2006.
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Certificate in Integrative Trauma Studies. National Institute for the Psychotherapies. 2016.
- Certificate in Relational Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. Stephen Mitchell Center for Relational Studies. 2012.
- Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI). Fordham University. 2011.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker. New York. #078111. 2010.
- Licensed Master Social Worker. New York. #076922. 2008.
Post Masters Clinical Training
- Martin Frommer, PhD – Supervision Group. September 2016 – present.
- June Trafton, LCSW-R – Individual Supervision. January 2013 – present.
- Gender Conference East. Working with Trans and Gender Expansive Individuals and Families. November 2017.
- Don’t Touch Me! Understanding Sexual Aversions with Suzanne Iasenza. PPSC. October 2017.
- Whiteness, Otherness and Psychoanalysis: The Dichotomous Construction of Whiteness and Otherness in the Psychoanalytic Field: William Alanson White Institute. September 2017.
- Beyond Sex Addiction: Expanding Understanding and Treatment of Problematic Sexual Behavior. PPSC. 2016.
- Nostalgia for the Light: A Meditation on the Consciousness of Healing. Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center. 2015.
- Clinical and Theoretical Considerations in Work with LGBTQ Individuals. William Alanson White Institute Summer Intensive. 2015.
- Muriel Dimen, PhD – Supervision Group. April 2014 – October 2014
- The Impact of the Psychotherapist’s Life Experience on the Patient and the Treatment. National Institute for the Psychotherapies. With Steven Kuchuck, LCSW. Expanded seminar. 2014.
- Master Clinicians. William Alanson White Summer Intensive. 2014.
- On Listening, Speaking and Silence. Stephen Mitchell Center for Relational Studies. With Muriel Dimen, Ph.D. 2014.
- Trauma, Dissociation and Psychoanalysis. Stephen Mitchell Center for Relational Studies. With Philip Bromberg and Anita Heron. February 2013.
- Undoing Racism. People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond. 2013.
- Introduction to Group Work. Coalition of Voluntary Behavioral Agencies of NYC. 2009.
- DBT with Borderline Personality Disorder. National Association for Social Workers. 2009.
- Motivational Interviewing Essentials. Coalition of Voluntary Behavioral Agencies of NYC. 2008.
- HIV Counseling and Testing Provider. Cicatelli and Associates. Certificate. 2005 DOH Protocols.
Affiliations and Memberships
- Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH)
- Health at Every Size (HAES)
- Alternative Pain Treatment providers
- International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
- The Clinicians Collective
- American Psychological Association: Division 39 Psychoanalysis